Buck stove no control on fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Crank shaft

Oct 13, 2016
Ohio
Hello, Back in the fall of 2016 I posted looking for help on a buck model 80. Everytime I would build a fire the stove would go out of control and I wasn't able to control the flames. After many atemps to get this resolved. Buck had sent a man out and replaced the stove at no charge to us. This stove I'm able to control. I truly love the 80 and learned how to use it quite quickly. I even have a ton of embers left in the morning to get the fire going again. My hat's off to Buck stove for standing behind their product. I also want to say thank you to all that gave me advice and help us figure out how to run a catylist stove. Our installer was quite impressed when I told him I could hear the house on 2 peices of wood.

Reactions: brickie
They ever figure out why the stove could not be controlled?

I don't know what they found nore even where the stove ended up. I don't think I'll ever know although I have a great installer I wouldn't trade for the world I will ask him next time I see him. If I find out I'll post.
Mike

I was just curious as the answer may help someone.

I know and as soon as I see him I will ask him and post. This is a great forum and I received alot of advice and help from all. I won't let this one go. I will probably talk to him closer to mid spring. I truly don't know where the stove ended up. But like I said I will ask.
Mike

Buck had sent a man out and replaced the stove at no charge to us. This stove I'm able to control. I truly love the 80 and learned how to use it quite quickly. I even have a ton of embers left in the morning to get the fire going again. My hat's off to Buck stove for standing behind their product.
That's great news, glad you are up and running. Kudos to Buck for making it right. :cool: Definitely getting too much air, probably at the inlets or the ash pan, if you didn't have coals left in the morning.

I was just curious as the answer may help someone.
You know someone having trouble with a Buck getting too much air? Details? I have some experience with the one I had at my MIL's house...