Bucks county pa firewood help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
So I know its late in the season but does anyone know of places that actually sell SEASONED firewood under 20% moisture inside a split? I've been to a number of places in Doylestown, warminster, Bensalem and Huntington valley. So far no good wood and got a half cord of kiln dried with the lowest measurement at 25% that in taking back tomorrow. I ran short on my own supply and have been getting screwed since. Burning some North Idaho energy logs for now.

So I know its late in the season but does anyone know of places that actually sell SEASONED firewood under 20% moisture inside a split? I've been to a number of places in Doylestown, warminster, Bensalem and Huntington valley. So far no good wood and got a half cord of kiln dried with the lowest measurement at 25% that in taking back tomorrow. I ran short on my own supply and have been getting screwed since. Burning some North Idaho energy logs for now.
No one

Did you look at the large tree supplier on Route 611 near Edison Furlong Road. They always have a big stack that sits there year round... like hundreds of cords.

Ever see anybody that lives in your area with large stacks of their own?
IMO woodburners tend to be good people on the average...it might be worth your time to stop and ask someone like that if they'd be willing to trade wood...your green for their dry...you'd hafta do all the hauling and work of course...and if it were me I'd be giving them more than I'm taking, just to be fair about things...especially if the wood species are not equal (them getting same, or better)
Short of that about the only thing I can suggest is to supplement your wood by adding some kiln dried scraps (construction cut offs, pallets, etc) to each load of your less than optimal firewood...kinda average out the moisture content of the load, not ideal but it works in a pinch.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep my eyes peeled for other people burning but I can't say that I know anyone else that has a stove. As far as the work of moving and hauling the wood, I'd me more than willing if I could find someone in the area and was willing to trade.... I've got plenty of green wood lol

20180304_180156.jpg 20180304_180257.jpg

Reactions: brenndatomu
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep my eyes peeled for other people burning but I can't say that I know anyone else that has a stove. As far as the work of moving and hauling the wood, I'd me more than willing if I could find someone in the area and was willing to trade.... I've got plenty of green wood lol

View attachment 223821 View attachment 223822
The only screen you have left, is about to fall outa the opening...lol.

Our goofy cat decided to scale our kitchen window screen last summer (outside) they are casement windows so the screen is on the inside, the window was open (obviously) and I was at the sink...kitty got a bath from the kitchen sink sprayer ;lol
His claws left small holes though :mad:...hope that wasn't from his hasty exit ;hm ;)

Damn cats lol. The screens I DID have at my place were horrible, I guess from being on the outside of the window they all started getting warped and the clips that latch and hold them into the casing all broke or just don't work anymore... we never really have the windows open here just the screen doors in the spring