Buderus (Bosch) customer service... or lack of it

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
I have a Buderus indirect water tank. My boiler heats my water.

I was curious what I could expect in performance if I decreased my boiler size from around 100K btu to 70K btu.

I called Buderus customer service and was bounced around for a while... exactly 35 minutes and 1 second. Finally one of their representatives told me that since I was a homeowner they couldn't answer ANY questions. I would have to have a professional call for me. I told them I installed the tank and that made her put me on hold so she could ask somebody what to do.

So I asked them if they are telling me I should call back and state that I was a heating tech? They gave me an awkward silence. I tried to go up the chain and stay honest to get an answer. Nobody was available to answer the call. :rolleyes: They gave me a complaint email address where I could send my complaint.

So after 35 minutes, 1 second of beating my head against the wall I thanked them for their time and immediately called back on their tech line and told them I was a tech, what the client wanted to do, and if they thought they would still be happy with the product if I decreased their boiler size. The guy said, "Yeah, I did it and I'm happy. I run that tank on a 74K btu boiler." That call lasted 4 minutes, 31 seconds and had a bit of joking around thrown in.

:rolleyes:

So, Buderus customer service isn't very helpful if you tell them you are a homeowner. If a contractor offers one to you know that you will get absolutely no help from their Customer Service Department if you ever have questions.

I have a Buderus GB142-45 boiler and dread the day that something goes wrong for exactly the reasons you stated.

Yea what a shame we install and personally have Buderus products....Great product, poor customer service, sad....

It is a great product. I have absolutely no complaints with the product itself.

I also called Weil Mclain that day to discuss what could be done to lower the output of my relatively new boiler. I have a WGO3. It was sized off the needs that the house had with no insulation or air sealing, really bad windows, and the efficiency of a hot air furnace in 1946. I have the feeling that as units were replaced in the past, and as the house went off forced hot air and over to a boiler the size of the heating unit crept up also. The house has changed quite a bit since then and I really don't need that size of boiler. We discussed how to safely lower the output of the unit, even disassembling the heat exchanger to swap out the middle section, etc. It was a night and day experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.