Building secondary burn tubes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mark8

Dec 23, 2017
Central California
IMG_1858.JPG

I will be building new secondary burn tubes because these are welded in and replacements are not available.

Can someone tell me why there would be this hole above the back burn tube on both sides?

Should I order 304 or 316 stainless tube, does the manufacturer of stoves have to treat the stainless in anyway or is it just plain old stainless tube.

Does it need to be seemless?

Thanks in advance.

The tube appears to be in decent condition. Are there cracks not showing in the picture?

Maybe give Country a call on Monday
(253) 735-1100

What is this in? I am assuming from your other thread the stove has an 8" outlet which means an 8" liner. That costs allot more and causes issues with space. Why not look into a new stove with a 6" outlet.

The tube appears to be in decent condition. Are there cracks not showing in the picture?

Maybe give Country a call on Monday
(253) 735-1100

IMG_1826.PNG IMG_1828.JPG
The back burn tube is ok, its the front tube and angle iron support that has a broken weld and so I thought I'd replace them both at the same time. I have an email in to ironstrike but no answer yet. Is that number for the manufacturer in Washington? The newer stoves are bolted in and mine are welded so I need to make them myself.

Last edited:
What is this in? I am assuming from your other thread the stove has an 8" outlet which means an 8" liner. That costs allot more and causes issues with space. Why not look into a new stove with a 6" outlet.

If I was working I wouldn't bat an eye over buying a new stove, money is tight right now, but I am taking all your guys suggestions into account and weighing all my options. can't thank you enough for your time and help, really learning a lot.