Bummer for those in Catskill/Cairo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

meisen

Feb 24, 2014
Hudson Valley, New York
I was at the home depot right off the thruway exit in Cairo a couple weeks ago and stopped in to check their pellet supply. About 20 tons of pellets stored outside in the original shrink wrap :(

A couple of pallets had been moved under cover and opened and a majority of the bags had at least a little water on them. I opened a couple that felt weird and there was nothing but a mess of damp sawdust.

I'd hate to get a delivery of five tons of those if they are all wet like that!!!! Anyway, I'm sure they will make good if someone does have some wet bags but just a bummer to see tons of pellets potentially wasted.

Yes I purchased a few sawdust pellet bags from HD in Poughkeepsie

Status
Not open for further replies.