Burn pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zrock

Minister of Fire
Dec 2, 2017
bc
Just curious if it's normal for a burn pot to crack after just a year of use? This is in a big e... not to impressed

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Yep. My last one i made from 1/8 stainless havent had an issue yet about 4 yrs old. But it is not operated 24/7 anymore and no harleys to paint so only runs on weekends

Hmmm guess I was asking to much.. this was the stainless one from stove parts unlimited... sucks as it was over $200 cad and it's in the same shape the old one was..
Heck a have a cheap $100 wall tent stove in my shop 4 years old and still holding togeather..lol

Reactions: rich2500
Hmmm guess I was asking to much.. this was the stainless one from stove parts unlimited... sucks as it was over $200 cad and it's in the same shape the old one was..
Heck a have a cheap $100 wall tent stove in my shop 4 years old and still holding togeather..lol

Big E is a breckwell stove,normally called "breakwell" for years.Some of them are economy stoves,if not all.Your stove used to be sold,down here in the states,for 895 dollars.How much quality do you think that is?I have an austroflamm,and a harman,as,living in cold climate I depend on my heat.Quality is expensive.But,your stove can put out massive heat,you just have to maintain it,and replace wear items.

I have no complaints with the stove it works flawlessly and pumps out the heat. For the most part it gets cleaned weekly with a top to bottom cleaning yearly where everything gets pulled cleaned and lubed. Just disappointed in the burn pot as it was sold as a ss upgrade and the original pot is in pretty much same condition..

My area these stoves sell for slightly less or more than the price u listed new. I tried to snag one a few weeks ago that was going cheap. Was gone in less than 5 min. It was broke but knew what was wrong with it and was going to keep it for a spare...

My Englander burn pot cracked and eventually burned through the bottom and I had to replace it last fall. They wanted a kings ransom for a replacement however now that I have the old one to copy I will make one out of stainless for when this one finally dies. I did get like 4 years of use out of it however.

One of these days when I find someone I can scoop a few ss rods from.

Reactions: Mt Bob
Geez I guess hoping for quality is lost cause now the ignitor just went. Got it the same time I got the pot...

Geez I guess hoping for quality is lost cause now the ignitor just went. Got it the same time I got the pot...

Bummer.Iwould still buy a big e for my sisters.bil's leaky cabin,good stove for large area.BTY,St croix's ate iginters,for years,harman went through a big bad batch,it happens.

Ya love the stove just getting pissed about the replacement parts I got... by the time I converted to Canadian I paid a good chunk of change for these parts. Pretty sad when two parts failed 13 months after buying them. Probably a total use of 4 months... the place I purchased them from was 0 help

Ya love the stove just getting pissed about the replacement parts I got... by the time I converted to Canadian I paid a good chunk of change for these parts. Pretty sad when two parts failed 13 months after buying them. Probably a total use of 4 months... the place I purchased them from was 0 help

Well.from my experience,ESES has the best free technical advise,even though the other big parts seller(mountainview) is local to me.ESES has been very good to me and friends,for over 2 years now.They take the time to research,and call you back.

Reactions: Ssyko
Yours like this one
E165E2AC-E9B4-48E3-A1F8-892D318FF11C.jpeg 3D3DECFC-AA22-4838-959B-CE17703C711E.jpeg

Earth Sense Energy System aka pellethead

Pellethead has most of the old manuals/parts listings,for the old St croix stoves,they can cross the numbers over to provide the proper parts.Their main office runs a first generation Austroflamm integra,for heat.They are serious about their job/service.

Ssyko... yes looks to be the same from what I remember...

Thanks Bob / ssyko for the info

PM Me your address

Last edited:
;) LMAOOOOOO