Burn Pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zrock

Minister of Fire
Dec 2, 2017
bc
Well finally received the new burn pot from stove parts for less.. Huge difference from the one i ordered 2 years ago. The one 2 years ago had poor messy welds and splatter every were, was hard to get into the holder, lightweight cheap stainless. The new one uses a much better and thicker stainless, nice clean welds with no splatter, they sanded down the outside for a smooth finish, All the holes are bigger giving better airflow getting the stove hotter. Greatly impressed now hopefully it lasts longer than a week before the bottom cracks and 2 years before all the welds crack on it. Both times i ordered the exact same part

What make, model, and year is your stove? I've never needed to replace the burn pot on my 15 year old Harman.

Cheaper to make your own backer board.

Mine was a older breckwell. When I got it I think it had the original in it. So it lasted a good 10 years... lol... this new one is definitely better and has the stove working much better... almost think they owe me a refund on the other one that was a pc of junk. I contacted them about the first one when it cracked... well we all know how that went...lol

Stainless is stainless btw. I'm sure it's (old and new) is / was 300 series. Far as welds go. It was TIG welded so minimal spatter. That depends entirely on the skill level of the welder.

Depends on the quality of stainless... They must have used a cheap lower grade stainless the first time...

Some of thre burnpots i have seen on some stoves look like cheap thin aluminum..dont look like they would stand up to exstreme heat for long time ahead.

Never seen an aluminum one. Aluminum would melt ot combustion tempersture. Stainless looks like aluminum but it's not .. Aluminum is soft, stainless isn't.

Easy to tell if a burn pot is stainless. 300 series is slightly magnetic. I fabricate with it all the time in the shop.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Never seen an aluminum one. Aluminum would melt ot combustion tempersture. Stainless looks like aluminum but it's not .. Aluminum is soft, stainless isn't.

Easy to tell if a burn pot is stainless. 300 series is slightly magnetic. I fabricate with it all the time in the shop.
Prob meant to say stainless steel but came out aluminum..