Burnt trace quadrature control board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

chefweil

May 11, 2023
California
Hello!
I recently took apart my QF that work well, but won't start the convection fan. I suspect that I accidentally shorted the purple wire from snap disk 1 to the frame while repairing it. Does anyone have any insight into the PCB schematics for the QF control boards. I hate to trash things and buy new ones, so I thought I start a discussion about it.

Thanks!

IMG_6447.JPG

Because you can clearly see the burnt trace it can be easily fixed, just google fix PCB trace. There are also board repair websites but they run around $150 for a fix

Most board manufacturers do not release schematics for their board’s. Pantrol the maker of QF boards have changed their board disigns to deter repairs, they have placed the power and ground planes in the middle layer of a 3 layer pcb. So if your ground or power go to short the traces will explode/vaporize and will be rendered useless. I would just replace the board they are significantly cheaper than many others and you can still play with the old one to learn 👍

Reactions: ARC