Quadrafire 1200 convection won't turn on, only 5v at snap disk 1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

chefweil

May 11, 2023
California
Hello,
The convection an on my 1200 won't turn on, the snap disk is good (continuity test when hot) and I am only reading 5v on the purple feed line.

I have a couple questions:
It seems like my board is bad, does anyone have any insight into repairing it, or do I need to get a new one?
There are three wires coming from the convection fan (red, white and black), I realize this is a dumb question, but given that white is the neutral, can someone teach me about the other two? I assumed it would be a hot, neutral and ground, but the colors seem wrong.

Thank you!

Red is Neutral(i know does't sound right, lol) white and black are your high and low hot that control fan speed coming off the fan speed switch going to blower. Purple is hot goes to snap disk one then to high low fan speed switch.

1683892628568.png

the switch position and wire colors are different circuits in the control box that control voltage for the blower motor and auger timing