Burrr

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yup. Made mistake of taking 80lb draw bow, freezing rain and shot an 8pt. Had a video years ago of the shot 94 yards. It was like the old Robin Hood movies...so many trees, lucky the leaves were gone! Our here in West, 80+ yards common with a bow. Back there, crazy!
Yes that is a crazy a$$ shot.

Interesting. Do you figure the smaller load is radiating more heat to the stove top when it coals, whereas the bigger load "contains" the heat better? Or is the STT the result of the cat burning...or what do you figure is going on there?
Not sure I have the correct answer but maybe because there is more mass with same available air supply ( set by me) which equals less flame. Maybe a spacial issue? Or probably even the fact there is a lot of wood between the coals and the top of the stove.

I like how guys around here save the good wood for special occasions like fine wines.

I have a friend that my wife and I get together with and have bonfires. I'll bring over uglies and such to burn when I can, so he doesn't have to burn his good wood. The other night we were over, and he grabbed a beautiful piece of Cherry to throw on the fire from his good stack. He could tell by the look of horror on my face that Cherry should go in the stove and not the bonfire pit, he put it back without saying a word. We're both wood geeks.

Reactions: BKVP