buying another stove, decision decisions....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davevassar

Oct 30, 2007
South Central MA
So I'm going to put a free standing pellet stove i my insulated basement and I can't decide which one to get.

Quadrafire Santa Fe brand new, ~$1900 - sale ends today and it goes up to $2200 from a stove shop
Kozi KSH 120 brand new ~$1599 from a stove shop
Englander 25 $1099 from HD
Bosch Spiirit demo $1500, regularly $2200 but they used it as a demo last season
Pelpro (not sure of the model) ~$1500 from stove shop

Style, looks don't really matter to me, I just want something that will thr0w good heat and won't give me problems. I was trying to get my wife to chime in but she says she doesn't care, so looking for any opinions.

I guess the $ is weighing in heavily, if I can get something as good as the quadrafire but $500 lss, I'd go with it.

I have an Eviro Empress insert in the living room which does a good job, but we're going to completely finish the basement over he winter and need heat down there.

Any opinions woul be great. Thanks.

Santa Fe does not have a true OAK system! Might make a difference for your choice. I know it did for us. Fan not that great either.

Outside Air Kit, so your not using heated inside air to feed the fire and causing more drafts.

If I'm not mistaken none of the quads have a truly sealed intake port. My understanding is this was done to allow operation of the stove under a possible blockage in the OAK.

Outside of the price, I would equally if not more highly consider support after the purchase. How available will your purchase place be to help with issues that may arise in the future?

If I'm not mistaken none of the quads have a truly sealed intake port. My understanding is this was done to allow operation of the stove under a possible blockage in the OAK.

You can seal them with some effort. The only portion I have that is not sealed is a joint that is metal on metal that allows access to the burnpot. Takes some silicone and a sore back but its doable. Thats with the CB the Santa Fe may be a little different.

Status
Not open for further replies.