buying chains

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsopi

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2006
MD near DE&PA;
Where the best deal on chainsaw chain? I see them on ebay both new and rentel take offs.

The "best" deal on chainsaw chain is probably at a servicing dealer. You won't pay any more (possibly less) and you'll get the right chain for your saw and circumstances.

The cheapest chain I've found is at logging field days like the Woodsmen's Field Days up here in New York. You can get loops of chain for about $10. You can find deals like that online, too, but be sure you know what you need before you order. I bet you pay almost twice that at one of the big box "discount" stores--and no competent customer service.

I agree with Eric. Unless you are buying in bulk you won't save a ton. And if you order the wrong one you have to send it back.

28$ for a chain at the stihl dealer. Is this high? I got that and 6 pack of oil.

Actually, I need to start a new topic - but at least at my Lowe's, I went in to get an Oregon replacement chain, $19.99, and they gave me a $20 gift card rebate - now that's the best deal on chainsaw chain - FREE - I think it's through the end of the month. I will double check that...

I buy Carlton , Stihl and GB Carlton.

GB Carlton Is what I buy in 100' rolls. Have 4 rolls in the shop at all times. It does help when your a dealer.

BOBO how about setting up a group buy in market place

Status
Not open for further replies.