CAB 50 door handle broken inside door. How to remove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

saladdin

Feeling the Heat
Dec 29, 2011
West Tennessee
End of last season, handle gave at the "elbow" where the door handle bolt enters the door. Luckily it is is the closed position am I was able to limp thru the end of last season by snaking a house thru the bottom to vacuum and keep clean. But now I need to fix. Is there a way to remove this bolt/door and save the door or just buy a complete new door setup?

Attachments

• IMG-0700.JPG
    IMG-0700.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG-0701.JPG
    IMG-0701.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 181
Can you, tap, pound or beat the hinge pins out?

When the handle was on did you have to turn it right or left?
If it was to the right (up) drill and tap, screw in bolt when it gets tight it should open.
It it turned left (down) then you will need a left hand thread.

End of last season, handle gave at the "elbow" where the door handle bolt enters the door. Luckily it is is the closed position am I was able to limp thru the end of last season by snaking a house thru the bottom to vacuum and keep clean. But now I need to fix. Is there a way to remove this bolt/door and save the door or just buy a complete new door setup?
As ABus mentioned, tap door pins out, then try sliding door to left to remove. Handle will need to be purchased and swap hardware over. Heat (Mapp gas torch) will be your friend to loosen up stuck shaft in door.