cab 50 wont feed pellets on start up .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshmoore

Dec 24, 2013
kansas
I have a cab50 pellet stove that wont feed pellets to start the burn, or auger at all. I have done a continuity check on vac switch even jumped it with wires. I have also done continuity check on thermal switches . Every thing has tested good. I have jumped voltage from combustion blower to auger motor the motor will then feed. Any ideas? Im leaning toward control box. Thanks

Hello curious is the call light for heat (red light) on?? If it is, jumping the vac should make it feed if auger motor and c board are working. If you jumped out vac already, then it may indeed be a control board. Good luck.

could be a jam. if the bottom (inside the hopper) is clear, it could still be at the top of the auger.
coat hanger or other similar implement up the drop chute from inside the firebox.

the only time in the nearly three seasons my PS50 (same basic stove) has failed to feed, it was an upper auger jam.

*oops. sorry. just read your post more fully.

how old is the stove? has it run fine up until this issue?

bypassed hopper switch with jumper, i get call light on for heat. It will even light pellets if i put a hand full in the pot before turning on . ive done a continuity check on all switches and even installed jumpers to bypass them . Im out of ideas , except for control box. It is a 2011 model cab 50

Funny. A guy just posted this same problem a couple weeks ago. Was his control box.

re[laced control board, fixed problem

Do you know the sku of the bad one and that of the one you put in? There are 2 different boards, "old" one and a new one they have been putting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.