Cab50 pleasent hearth fans won't stop. Please help I'm at a loss and getting frustrated

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nosrekcin44

Dec 19, 2017
Portland Maine
My Pleasent hearth cab 50 fans don't shut off when I turn the unit off for cleaning and now I can't turn back on because the fans won't stop. Please help I'm getting frustrated and don't want to replace it.

I've checked all wiring checked all connections no short-circuits that I can find. Fuse is fine just won't stop running. This is the second time this has happened. The last time I dismantled the exhaust fan and convection fan along with the snap switch put it back together and it fired up. Tried again today and no such luck.

If you unplug the stove and then plug back in do the blowers run before you turn on? Its sounding more like a short on your control board.

Last edited:
Does it have a snap switch to sense the heat of a fire? If so, that is probably stuck/shorted. Pull one wire off of it (stove unplugged) and see what happens.

how many snap disc’s are in the stove? What are the numbers on the disc you pulled the wires off of? Is there a thermocouple? I see an exhaust temp sensor on the wiring diagram. .

There is only one snap disk numbers are 360-164-2896 L200 f230 - 0 0 8 0 A123. No thermalcouple and for the exhaust sensor when removed only stops the convection fan and not the exhaust fan.

I don’t know if there’s a way to test the exhaust sensor, but if it failed it could be telling the control board There is a fire. Other than that your probably looking at a control board. I would get a new exhaust sensor first

Reactions: heat seeker
I believe that your "exhaust sensor" is your proof of fire switch. Pull a wire off that one. As already said, you probably pulled a wire off the overtemp sensor, which would shut the entire stove down. So, you at least know that is working.

I believe that your "exhaust sensor" is your proof of fire switch. Pull a wire off that one. As already said, you probably pulled a wire off the overtemp sensor, which would shut the entire stove down. So, you at least know that is working.

Yes there is an exhaust Pro that goes to the side of the exhaust fan housing when I unplug that frobe it shuts all my fans off

That, I believe, is the problem. The control is being told (falsely) that the stove is still hot, so the fans run and the stove won't restart because it's already "running". If you have an ohmmeter, you can test the switch itself, but it appears that the sensor is stuck on. It appears that replacing it will cure your problems.

That, I believe, is the problem. The control is being told (falsely) that the stove is still hot, so the fans run and the stove won't restart because it's already "running". If you have an ohmmeter, you can test the switch itself, but it appears that the sensor is stuck on. It appears that replacing it will cure your problems.

I'll try and get back to you thanks for the assistance

So the exhaust probe is just a temperature sensor and the control board is the peice that controls the on or off of the fans so looks like new control board it is

Kinda, they both work to turn the fans off n on Can you take the exhaust probe out it may just need cleaning?

I gotta agree with heat seeker i think your exhaust probe is the problem. I have searched for the probe and i can’ Find one to see what it looks like.

I ordered a new exhaust probe today the exhaust probe literally is just a metal tip wire that comes back to a plug-in that plugs into the control board when talking to the guy from GHB group he said their Service tech said that it was only a temperature sensor and the control board was what actually turn the fans off and on. Was able to get it going today took it apart again cleaned everything one more time put it all back together and it started up so hopefully when I replace the exhaust probe this week I won't have this issue again if I do will move on to the control board next thanks everybody for your help

Sounds like it's a thermocouple, and was feeding back bad data to the control board. (Post #15). Hope that fixes the stove.