• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
One other option could be the thermocouple

Unplug or double-check your igniter. Make sure the igniter wires didn't rub through the firepot ash dump mechanism somewhere.

Reactions: kappel15
Unplug or double-check your igniter. Make sure the igniter wires didn't rub through the firepot ash dump mechanism somewhere.
@kap @slvrblkk
Thanks for the pointers concerning igniter and thermocouple. It almost sounds to me as if those types of things might prevent a control board from "doing its thing" after the control board does a test of the entire system and finds them at fault. Let's hope so!

Since I haven't yet checked those, I will add those checks to a big list I have compiled into one sheet of paper that I'll print out and take downstairs. I will go through every procedure that has been advised (many for the tenth time), and am looking forward to trying out some of the new stuff you folks have advised. Thank you! I'll be back on line later and let you know results.

Reactions: Mt Bob