CAD strikes again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wendell

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2008
NE Iowa
I was walking though Home Depot this weekend picking up a couple things and noticed a big banner in front of the Rental Shop proclaiming their annual sale. Made the mistake of walking in and finding they had 2 6401's for sale. 1 was currently out so got a call on Monday it was back in so stopped by this morning to take a look at them. It was actually in really good shape with compression over 150, piston looked good, it looked like they were actually running it a little rich and it is now mine. Don't know that I really "needed" a 64 cc saw but it was only $181 and I did have a little space left on my saw shelf. :coolsmirk:

At that price i would have jump as well good score!

Won't that one take the big bucket kit they have at Bailey's and other places?

Yes, so for less than $400 I can have a 7900 but for now, I will probably run it as it is (after I take off that god awful safety chain. It is hard to imagine you could cut anything with it<G>) (Oops. I better be nice, I invited the guy who helped me to join us <VBG>)

Q a 64 cc saw but it was Q

there were two and you only grabbed one :)
I'd have grabbed them both, the other would have sold quick.....

as a 64 it is a good saw but not remarkable. Many other good 60cc class saws also. But with the same weight, as a 79cc, duh, it is awesome ! Mine is an ex HD upgraded to 79. and I like the 'sleeper ' look of the makita plastics......
smooth and strong.

run it for years as a 64, then grab an OEM 79 cc top end, or the 85 BB top end.

you got a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.