Can a dryer motor go bad for not using? It an ASko T700

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
well since WE have not been here for years. Then moved here. Little Asko just sat on top of its washer. Got the Asko units stacked.... The dryer prob used less than a dozen times. Plus Im "green" sort of. Dry our clothes via solar dryer or just hanging on racks in laundry room or big room overnight. its just us two. Remember Im not Martha Stewart.
well anyway the two OEM SUPPORT ROLLERS (309) in diagram are prob. are< dang gone it ,..."Bakelite" ,,,dryer support rollers. They just dried up and cracked and fell off the bearings.. BOTH ROLLERS did. The new roller are white and look Nylon...
so Hubby put those on (new rollers)and its still making Grating Squeal. Like putting fingers on chalk board.
He working on it again today... He got it all back together sev days ago. Asko designers should been shamed for using inferior parts. Thats a nice way of putting it.
Why do all appliances go bad same time. ? the washer underneath its on blink too.
How can motor go bad nearly been used.? thanks y'all and you guys... Hope its okay to use "grab"from Safari browser and upload cause I don't think y'all will take time to follow an UrL right?

Attachments

• drum area Asko 700.jpeg
    drum area Asko 700.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 174
  • pic of motor area.jpeg
    pic of motor area.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 221
update Hubby thinks it part 320 bearing dryer rear panel...do y'all think it can be bought at a bearing place?

I hesitate to read or respond to your posts because they give me a headache but I will say that bearings are very universal. Its almost certain that you can find a replacement bearing for just about any motor if you know what you are looking for; dimensions, materials, etc.

I get all my parts from appliancerepair.homedepot.com or one of the several similar appliance parts sites out there. One of them has always had what I need, so far!

It's convenient because you can search by the model number of the appliance rather than needing to know dimensions and specifications for every part.

I buy my vehicle parts the same way (cheapcycleparts.com and rockauto.com).

one way to find out it lube all the moving parts. If it stops or get quieter you found your problem.. Motors do not like to sit for long periods of time with no use

update ended up being motor two bearings....replacement cost $10 for labor and two bearings Smart Hubby handed the armature to the rebuilding distributor local really Nice local honest guy.. since he had the right sized bearing pullers etc

thanks you thougthful courteous ,respectable guys for helping. BUT unfortunately, is just sort of that there is a SA in every crowd Blessings to all