Can all Chimney Sweeps access and clean a wood stove liner? Need recommendation.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We just completed our first season with the Regency i1500 Fireplace Insert.

As you all know, now is the time to have the chimney swept.
Who do I call who has knowledge of my unit?

Normally, I would call the team that swept the chimney before we had the stove installed. The guys came in with their equipment and did a great job. Unfortunately, I can say without equivocation that they would not know how to remove the front burner, slide the catalyst out of the housing and access the chimney liner on my Regency Insert. When I described what I was purchasing, they gave me a stare of utter confusion, quickly followed by a canned cost to sweep.

Is there a database of chimney techs in Northern NJ with knowledge of Regency wood stoves in particular?

I am thinking that I will have to dismantle the unit to grant the Sweep access to the chimney liner/ flue.
At that point, I might as well do it myself.
I really don’t want to have to clean it myself.
As an over 50 man, my Gear Acquisition Syndrome is strong but, I don’t want to have to find space in my garage for more tools.

Thank you for your help.

We just completed our first season with the Regency i1500 Fireplace Insert.

As you all know, now is the time to have the chimney swept.
Who do I call who has knowledge of my unit?

Normally, I would call the team that swept the chimney before we had the stove installed. The guys came in with their equipment and did a great job. Unfortunately, I can say without equivocation that they would not know how to remove the front burner, slide the catalyst out of the housing and access the chimney liner on my Regency Insert. When I described what I was purchasing, they gave me a stare of utter confusion, quickly followed by a canned cost to sweep.

Is there a database of chimney techs in Northern NJ with knowledge of Regency wood stoves in particular?

I am thinking that I will have to dismantle the unit to grant the Sweep access to the chimney liner/ flue.
At that point, I might as well do it myself.
I really don’t want to have to clean it myself.
As an over 50 man, my Gear Acquisition Syndrome is strong but, I don’t want to have to find space in my garage for more tools.

Thank you for your help.
Just call a few sweeps. You should have a fair number of options. Those stoves aren't hard to take apart at all any decent sweep should be able to handle it honestly

Lol, gear acquisition syndrome. Will remember that one.

The sooteater though is rather small; I store it in the box, which is 3 ft tall, and 3x4" cross section or so.

Find a sweep here?

Yes, our sooteater box sits upon narrow a wall girt shelf in the garage. It's a 3' long skinny box. The product will pay for itself 4-5 times over with the first sweeping. It's a lot less than replacing a baffle board or cat due to an inexperienced sweep poking a hole.