Can anyone help identify this Regency wood stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Djtomyn

Oct 21, 2021
Alberta canada
Hello, I'm trying to identify my wood stove that I bought. It says Regency on the glass on the front and the model number on the back is wh602235. I have tried to Google it and have had no luck finding any info. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place. Anyway I'll attach some pictures.

16348419801934029257544050123076.jpg 16348420707292936932188635109533.jpg

Hello, I'm trying to identify my wood stove that I bought. It says Regency on the glass on the front and the model number on the back is wh602235. I have tried to Google it and have had no luck finding any info. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place. Anyway I'll attach some pictures.

View attachment 283720 View attachment 283721
The label says it is a regency CC

The label says it is a regency CC
I have tried looking up any info on regency CC through Google and haven't been able to find anything. Is there another model name that it might reference to. The reason I'm looking for info is because I need to know if I need to put fire brick in the top insert. It's a flat plate style insert. With enough room to fit 4 bricks. I tried this and it blocks to much of the smoke. So I'm not sure I need to orientate them differently or if I just need say 2 bricks instead of four.

The model (CC) doesn't appear in any Regency literature that I can find, but ALL of the Regency wood burning stoves I've dealt with, do NOT have fire bricks above the burn chamber. Regency stoves have a two piece baffle above the secondary burn tubes.

The model (CC) doesn't appear in any Regency literature that I can find, but ALL of the Regency wood burning stoves I've dealt with, do NOT have fire bricks above the burn chamber. Regency stoves have a two piece baffle above the secondary burn tubes.
My stove is older than that I believe as I don't have secondary burn tubes or any type of new epa stuff. It's just a flat plate that can slide forward then falls down. The plate is about the size of half the wood burning area so it can be slid forward. The picture attached is of it pulled out and let down.

20211102_181237.jpg

Last edited:
So I still have had no luck finding any info on this stove and need some help. I have attached a picture of a diagram. The diagram is if you stuck your head in the stove looking straight up. The stove has 2 outlets that let flue air out of the stove. The big hole towards the back which has a closable damper and the front 1" wide channel that runs towards the back of the stove and above the closable damper. So even if you.close the damper all the way, smoke still exits through that 1" gap. I also of course have a air intake on the bottom of the stove to adjust. So my question is should I be running this stove with the damper closed all the way so all the smoke is going through that 1" channel, only to open it when I reload with wood. I have been hesitant to try as I dont want gases coming back in my home but the stove seems to be designed this way as almost to do a secondary burn. I have been running it with the flue damper closed half to 3/4 just like you would with a damper in the pipe. This seems to work but I'm not sure I'm getting all the efficiency I should be. Any help would.be greatly appreciated.

16374361371548303854397594518385.jpg