Can anyone ID this stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave,
congrats!
Let us know how it works for you.
Cheers,Hiram

In a pervious post, Craig mentions an light weight ceramic "upper baffle". I'm wondering now if this puppy I picked up has that. With an old Vermont Casting I have, there is a damper of sorts that forces the flame to the back for the secondary burn. The Defiance unit looks like it has a chamber for secondary burn, but there appears to be no control handle or method to divert the flame into a different direction into any different chambers for the second burn. It looks like it just goes straight up but around an upper steal plate baffle. Maybe I just am not getting how the secondary burn is supposed to work on this model. Anybody got a clue for me? Dave

Attachments

• defiancemcinsert.png
    defiancemcinsert.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 264
In a pervious post, Craig mentions an light weight ceramic "upper baffle". I'm wondering now if this puppy I picked up has that. With an old Vermont Casting I have, there is a damper of sorts that forces the flame to the back for the secondary burn. The Defiance unit looks like it has a chamber for secondary burn, but there appears to be no control handle or method to divert the flame into a different direction into any different chambers for the second burn. It looks like it just goes straight up but around an upper steal plate baffle. Maybe I just am not getting how the secondary burn is supposed to work on this model. Anybody got a clue for me? Dave

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 201
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 207
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 220
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 184
These are awesome stoves. I just got one and it really heats the house. It's nice to be able to cook on them and they take huge logs. They don't build them like this anymore.
That's right! And for a good reason. Huge logs, huge appetite! ;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.