Can anyone identify this fireplace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rberr56

Mar 16, 2019
Arizona
34FC5F03-F05A-4F4B-9FC5-36202473D7F1.jpeg 0582AA2A-43FF-4B43-A323-4179831FDB13.jpeg
Hello! Brand new here. Was very lucky to find this very cool looking fireplace. Been trying to find it online and I’m thinking it’s a Malm but not quite sure. There is no nameplate or identifying marks that I can find. Hoping someone can help. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Malm would be my first guess, but it might be a Preway or maybe a Majestic?

Last edited:
Reactions: rberr56
That's a really neat find! I've never seen anything like that.

That's a really neat find! I've never seen anything like that.
There were many made in the 70s and early 80s we run across them in use everyone in a while still.

Same era as the lava lamp, table and speakers.

I had something similar in my weld shop about 20 years ago , mine had a square base and slightly different opening I was able to place a piece of steel in the opening to restrict incoming air ( the enamel on mine was heat reactive so when temps starting getting too high it would turn darker . it came with a 6’ length of pipe in the same red enamel/ powder coat . I used to burn tons of stockade fencing that thing would have an angry brownish/purple color when it was raging ( I don’t think mine even had fire brick in the bottom ) I agree these were from late 60s70s and popular in ski chalet type settings

Wow, I feel like I've been born into the wrong time period. Those things are awesome

Look it over carefully for a mfg. tag. There should be one somewhere.

My aunt & uncle had one of those in a 200 year old farmhouse in Phoenix, MD back on the early 70's. Didn't do too bad for heat for what it was.

Reactions: ShawnLiNY