Can anyone identify this stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Jan 19, 2010
CT
Looking at stoves and came across this one. Person selling just wants it out of the house and can't / hasn't been able to identify it for me.

Just wondering if it's worth my time.

Thanks
107697024_10102957287259530_5598737729915948010_n.jpg

I think the same . Should be a label on the back side. I have 2200 sq ft home ranch heats the whole place all winter.

Reactions: ct_administrator
Thanks begreen and blades for taking the time to identify. I do appreciate the timely response. I spent way too much time going through google images.

Just to explain why I asked here, when I'm sure you're saying to yourself 'why doesn't he just ask the seller"

I have asked to the identification, but this is the sellers first stove and isn't familiar with them, and after several specific questions she responded with different info than I had asked.

She is just moving into the house, and she just wants to get rid of it.

Thank you again

If it's free, take it. Bring an appliance dolly and some ratchet straps + a couple friends. It's heavy.

Reactions: Dix
I agree. That puppy is heavy.

If it can be saved, you got a great deal. Love my 13.

And yes, it looks like a 13.

Welcome to the forums !

honestly as beat up as that looks I think I would just buy a new 30

Reactions: marty319
honestly as beat up as that looks I think I would just buy a new 30
He had to get it now. It may not be beat up. The stove looks like they did some remodeling and plastering or painting around it and never covered the stove. More important is how it looks inside.

I went to check it out. The stove was in much better shape than I thought and the blower on the back was like new.

The new owners wanted it gone, and the home didn't have a chimney for it after the home was remodeled a few years ago, so I took it out of there for free.

I'll post some pic's in this thread once I get it cleaned up.

Thanks for all the help.

I went to check it out. The stove was in much better shape than I thought and the blower on the back was like new.

The new owners wanted it gone, and the home didn't have a chimney for it after the home was remodeled a few years ago, so I took it out of there for free.

I'll post some pic's in this thread once I get it cleaned up.

Thanks for all the help.
Good deal. I suspected that the mess was cosmetic. Clean it all up, lightly sand with very fine steel wool. Then wipe down with alcohol and give it a few coats of Stove Brite satin black paint. It will look like new.

Good deal. I suspected that the mess was cosmetic. Clean it all up, lightly sand with very fine steel wool. Then wipe down with alcohol and give it a few coats of Stove Brite satin black paint. It will look like new.

I hit it with the wire wheel brush on my drill, then rubbed the top down with Stove Paste. I've had good success with the paste keeping stoves rust free and looking good. Maybe it's just my preference. Had the AC-30 blower with it too.

Here are a couple of pics.

Attachments

• image-2020-07-16-15-38-04.jpg
    image-2020-07-16-15-38-04.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 195
  • image-2020-07-16-15-22-28.jpg
    image-2020-07-16-15-22-28.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 196
  • image-2020-07-16-15-21-51.jpg
    image-2020-07-16-15-21-51.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 188
  • image-2020-07-16-15-21-05.jpg
    image-2020-07-16-15-21-05.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 179
Looks a lot better already. I don't agree with the stove paste, especially not on a painted steel stove.

Looks a lot better already. I don't agree with the stove paste, especially not on a painted steel stove.
You know........ you're right and I didn't even think of that. I had an All Nighter Mid Moe that I used the paste with and that is cast iron. It didn't even cross my mind that this was a steel stove. I'll let it burn off and paint it. Good info, thanks.

WOW! that looks brand new!
Well done!

Judging the looks of those re-burn tubes, I would say the stove was lightly used from the get go, you got a nice deal.

Yes, it looked like a diamond in the rough to me. They can be the best finds, especially when free!

Nice !!