Can Anyone Identify?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old School

Burning Hunk
Jul 15, 2015
Georgia
My father and I both have the same wood burning insert. Dad go his used 30 years ago and has heated his home solely with this heater since. It is a great stove and after searching for 3 years I located one for myself. I am working to refurbish mine a bit before installing and I have no idea what the brand is. Neither stove has a nameplate or a manufacturer anywhere on them and all online searches I have tried have turned up no useful info. Thanks in advance for any help.

This is my first post so hopefully the image attaches correctly...

cab09bf1a58ff535a20a064d7e726c8f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: littlemissstang
looks allot like a buck but there are allot of copies out there of them. if you are going to use it you need to put in a full chimney liner regardless of what it is

Yes I am going to use an 8" ss liner. I am also a bit confused about the way this stove was intended to be used. I will attach some photos below but what had me wondering is that it has a 7x7 outlet in the back of the top plate that can be closed which I know is the damper. The damper control rod then runs through a chase to the front of the stove and at the front of the chase, just inside the firebox there is an opening. It is a design like the newer Appalachian catalytic stove I have the difference is in the Appalachian the combustion baffles fill the chase so the smoke passes through when the damper is closed. This stove does not have any baffles and it does not appear that there would be room for any. My dad has never given any thought to this and burns his with the damper partially open, but I wonder if it was designed to be burned with it closed for some sort of re-burn. His stove must be a different year model because it is identical to mine other than at the front his has a round opening with a piece of expanded metal bolted over it where mine is just a rectangular opening. Any ideas?
1c8ff60b696be0007e2d08ac967e270d.jpg
3637384b38ff19179b49a5d9470449f8.jpg
f1c6f7c2ef70f4aebe4a7c2b9e086d0f.jpg

Pics from inside firebox looking up with damper closed:
7280acf2f8768fa187564031dfe60ab5.jpg
2a5442bb6dc7cb1c38de8a61f739b0dc.jpg

Inside doesnt look like the bucks i have worked on but we dont get allot of them here so it still could be i guess. I am sure some one else will chime in.

Looks a little like a Squire.

Last edited:
This may sound odd but it may work. I am not hi tech and do not know how to do it but a google search will explain.
Google has a face recognition search, supposedly post a picture and google will find others that are the same. Try doing this with your stove, it may turn up exactly what your looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.