Can anyone recommend a burn indicator for double-walled stove pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NWTburner

Apr 25, 2022
Fort Smith NWT
Hello

I've been wondering why my old burn indicator doesn't work anymore, then I realized that I recently installed double-walled stove pipe, replacing my old single-walled stove pipe. This leads to an inaccurate temp reading.

Thanks in advance, any feedback is appreciated.

Hello

I've been wondering why my old burn indicator doesn't work anymore, then I realized that I recently installed double-walled stove pipe, replacing my old single-walled stove pipe. This leads to an inaccurate temp reading.

Thanks in advance, any feedback is appreciated.
You need a probe thermometer

Personally, I would pick up a cheap laser IR thermometer from harbor freight. You can measure the stove, pipe, or anything else that you need to in order to monitor the burn status.

An IR thermometer won’t measure the internal flue gasses of his double wall pipe.

Reactions: begreen
Personally, I would pick up a cheap laser IR thermometer from harbor freight. You can measure the stove, pipe, or anything else that you need to in order to monitor the burn status.
Yeah that won't help with double wall connector pipe