Can this work?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

claya201

Apr 16, 2022
Newnan
I’m looking for help! I just had this new wood stove delivered and didn’t consider the height of it compared to the old one. It’s taller then vent pipe inlet. Is it possible to vent this with the existing vent pipe? Or do I have to buy a smaller stove? I don’t want to redo the whole fire place.

662E1896-3CE4-4DE9-8767-07CCB7F101D4.jpeg 801D7CE2-766B-403E-80BC-CE5518F52B0F.jpeg

I’m looking for help! I just had this new wood stove delivered and didn’t consider the height of it compared to the old one. It’s taller then vent pipe inlet. Is it possible to vent this with the existing vent pipe? Or do I have to buy a smaller stove? I don’t want to redo the whole fire place.

View attachment 294795 View attachment 294796
No it won't work. You will need a rear vent stove

You could move the masonry thimble up higher
Yes, that was my first thought. Though I am not sure if that would be less expensive than replacing the stove. Need more info.

Reactions: VintageGal
THIS (stove and thimble height) won't work. No.
One of the two has to change.

Last edited:
Reactions: bholler