Can you identify my fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

neverhappen

May 5, 2021
Phoenix AZ
I bought a cabin in the white mountains of Arizona built in 1983. I've searched the net to see if I can find out who made it so I might be able to get a manual to make sure I understand how it functions. pictures attached. Lower vents and upper vents, but no fan I that I can find. No flu and an odd hanger.
Can you identify my fireplaceCan you identify my fireplaceCan you identify my fireplace

Is there an ID tag in the door frame channel?

Don't stoves need a flu and what is that hanger thing" ? That's even strange to me and I know nothing about these stoves...begreen will figure it out....how wierd...Its no wood stove bear I can say that...Look at the brick work seems to be a brick shield for air circulation in the front of it with those empty spaces...Could it be some kind of coal thing? clancey

I bought a cabin in the white mountains of Arizona built in 1983. I've searched the net to see if I can find out who made it so I might be able to get a manual to make sure I understand how it functions. pictures attached. Lower vents and upper vents, but no fan I that I can find. No flu and an odd hanger.
View attachment 278720View attachment 278721View attachment 278722
It looks like some sort of heatform fireplace but it's hard to say without being on site. Have a sweep come check it out

Is there an ID tag in the door frame channel?
The only tag I can find anywhere is the one pictured. The hangie thing doesn't do more than swing back and forth like a pot hanger. I thought it was a control of some sort, but it is not connected to anything, just swings and also extends. I contacted "heatalator" they said it wasn't one of theirs. There is a heavy grate in the bottom, and ash door that operates with the knob in the front underneath the door. I can access ash dump through the back of the chimney outside. Thanks for your help

BTW, had a chimney sweep out and he identified it as a "Sunburst"(?) from an invoice I found from the previous owner of the house. Search the net to see if Sunburst had any pictures of older models, could not find one.

Bholler wins the virtual prize!! (check is in the mail). ;) Found some old archived manuals on the net for the "Superior Fireplace Company" "Heatform" fireplace. Interesting design and I think the company is long gone. But got 4 booklets from archived uploads. I can't thank you guys enough.