Carolina wood stove question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMF1

Oct 1, 2006
Rochester NY
Can anyone tell me about Carolina wood stoves, specifically the "Carolina 1"? I'm looking to buy one used, approximately 20yrs old and wondering if its EPA cert. and any other details. Thanks in advance for any help.
Jeff

The EPA was not instituted till 1990. All stoves sold in USA 1990 and after, had to be EPA certified.

Do you have a pic?
My recollection is that this was an older model similar to a Buck, etc.

To add to Elks point, Oregon DEP standards went into effect in 1986 and many clean burning stoves hit the market between 1987 and 1990 because the stove companies knew what was coming and they had a couple years warning. As I remember, there were at least two phases - perhaps a 1988 one and a 1990 as the final one....at least that is the federal level. Washington state, I think, has stricter standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.