Castle Serenity Auger Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ron83

Dec 26, 2017
Pennsylvania
This is the second season using my serenity pellet stove and its been working great. Yesterday I noticed a squealing/whining noise coming from the auger. It only happens when the auger is feeding pellets. Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

This is the second season using my serenity pellet stove and its been working great. Yesterday I noticed a squealing/whining noise coming from the auger. It only happens when the auger is feeding pellets. Any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA
I should add that I routinely clean out the firepot, interior chamber, and the glass.

This is my 3rd year with my Castle Serenity and I just started experiencing this problem too. It started off only doing infrequently and it was easily ignored, but now it is unbearable. Did you ever find a solution?

It appears this is a rare thing and you two must be the only ones so far to have it. I have not replied here, as I have no idea what would cause this other than a foreign object jam or perhaps a defective motor.

768C1AE1-7C32-47BF-A94F-80D5D868A33D.png
It could be the auger bearings, dry, worn see # 8 & 72.

View attachment 221791 It could be the auger bearings, dry, worn see # 8 & 72.
Thanks to whom replied. I ended up finding the squealing noise. Fines were built up on bearing and auger ends. I removed fines cleaned thouroghly and lubed bearings top and bottom with 3in1. Now as of today new problem auger will feed pellets and every so often I get a loud pop noise sometimes several in a row when auger feeds. Any ideas as to what would cause this issue? I verified set screw was tight on auger shaft and lubed bearings again. It's definitely not grinding pellets as I watch the auger spin it happens at the same spot in rotations just about every time. Tia

Reactions: Deezl Smoke
Empty your hopper and vacuum. Then pull your auger motor. Turn you auger shaft by hand and see if its catching on anything in the tube, if so pull auger shaft and find out what it is.

I am having the same problem. I get an intermittent popping sound coming from the auger. Getting ready to pull it and see what's wrong

Auger breaking pellets? Good idea to pull it and see.