dtaylor628 Posted By dtaylor628, Nov 30, 2017 at 1:34 AM

1. dtaylor628

dtaylor628
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 30, 2017
    Loc:
    Western Wa
    Hi all, installed a Serenity two months ago, so far it has been awesome. Heats my home well now that I have it dialed in.

Just this last week I started getting a loud clunk/knock from the auger, happens about every 12-15 cycles. Definitely coming from the motor side of the auger. I checked to make sure the shaft set screw was secure and all the motor mounts were secure. What else should I be looking at?

Thanks in advance.

2. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    May be longer pellets getting broken/sheared in the auger tube. Metal transfers sound well and it may sound like the auger but its in the hopper/tube. Or it could be in the augers gear box and it is usually caused by an auger jam. If the armature spins and the auger shaft doesn’t it probably took out a gear, you would know when that happens you won’t have heat and get errors.

3. Deezl Smoke

Deezl Smoke
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 28, 2015
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Scoop out the pellets and empty the hopper to view the auger and see if a foreign object was in one of the pellet bags.

If I recall correctly, rish2500 had a Serenity that he spent considerable time diagnosing a knock that turned out to be a defective fire box. The expansion of the metal would make a knock. One of my Serenitys does this, but it is a newer serial than Rich had, and is not leaking so I leave it be and consider it "character".:) But you might do a search of this site and see if you can find that thread. I think it would near two years ago now or so.