Castle Serenity Control Panel Blinking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Christyb

Oct 28, 2017
Wyoming
Hello,
This was installed 1 week ago, has worked perfectly. This morning the control panel is blank and flashing, any ideas what's wrong?

Hello,
This was installed 1 week ago, has worked perfectly. This morning the control panel is blank and flashing, any ideas what's wrong?

Un plug it, then plug it back in and see what happens.
Was the stove shut down by you, or did it shut down over night on it own?

I looked thru the troubleshooting guide and so far have not found anything about the panel flashing. Do you know why it shut down? Was it on a set time, or did it run out of pellets ?
Hopefully Rich2500 will see this. He is well versed at many of the unlisted troubleshooting ideas.

I looked thru the troubleshooting guide and so far have not found anything about the panel flashing. Do you know why it shut down? Was it on a set time, or did it run out of pellets ?
Hopefully Rich2500 will see this. He is well versed at many of the unlisted troubleshooting ideas.

Have no idea why, it's set on manual and the pellets are only 1/2 down. Thanks for checking the troubleshooting, I did too.

Try unplugging the ribbon cable from the back of the controller and reseating it.

Then I'm going to have say you got a bad controller and should give Ardisam a call.

Reactions: GT_Sharp
Then I'm going to have say you got a bad controller and should give Ardisam a call.
Just received new controller and power supply switch replacement. New panel is still blinking and blank, so my question is, how do I remove the old switch? I'm the least mechanical person ever.

Just received new controller and power supply switch replacement. New panel is still blinking and blank, so my question is, how do I remove the old switch? I'm the least mechanical person ever.

looking at the stove from the front you need to remove the right side panel held on by 4 screws, then you can reach into to the switch and on the sides of the switch are tabs top and bottom on both sides squeeze the 2 top tabs and push the top of the switch partially out of the hole then squeeze the 2 bottom tabs and the whole switch should push out the hole. just transfer the wires one by one from old switch to new switch then push the new switch back in the hole. UNPLUG THE POWER TO THE STOVE BEFORE WORKING ON IT THOUGH.

Reactions: Deezl Smoke
I'll ad to Rich's comment and also capitalize "UNPLUG THE POWER CORD FIRST". But also, even though you say you are not mechanical, I'm sure you can follow instructions.
I'd like to know if you have full power at the house outlet. Can you grab something else with a cord like a hair drier or a box fan and plug it into the outlet you are using for your stove and see if it works properly?

Then go to Rich's instruction the side panel. There are 2 screws on the back side of the panel, one right next to the control panel,and one directly down from it at the bottom of the stove. The two side screw, one being about out from the hopper lid's line and one straight down from it. The side panel is not heavy, but it is metal so try to lay on the floor or put it somewhere it can not fall against something and scratch and dent things.

Take the new switch into your hands and study how the tab's Rich mentions work when you squeeze them inward so the switch can release from the sheet metal it is set in.

Any luck? I hope you have heat again and the Serenity is working properly.

Any luck? I hope you have heat again and the Serenity is working properly.

Unfortunately not, replaced both pieces and still the blank flashing screen. Called the wonderful customer service lady, she is FedExing an Ion, I think she called it? Goes inside a back box. I have tested the outlet, works fine.

Hello,
I have one and it is doing the same thing, sometimes it is completely blank. It still works just fine and since I know the keystrokes to on and off, it is not a big problem. I suspect that the issue is with the 12V to the LCD, so when I get a chance I will do a teardown of the controller display board.
Rob