Castle Serenity

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Overfireinthehole

Minister of Fire
May 5, 2017
Miller MO
Does anyone have any experience with the castle serenity? I’m just wondering how they perform. Any thoughts?

Many Serenity owners here. Had one myself and bang for the buck it's a great little stove .

If your looking to add a cheaper stove to your line up the Serenity would be a great choice. They are very easy to clean, no hidden passages or trap doors to deal with. Ardisam is great to deal with and stands behind their stove 100 % and parts are easily available. The two downfalls to the stove are in room temp mode the stove don't shut down it just drops to low burn when set temp is met and secondly is in order to adjust the intake damper you need to remove the side panel which several of us have solved by just adding an adjustment rod that extends out of the side panel. As long as the buyer under stands they are not buying a $4000.00 Harman they will be more then happy with a Serenity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beardtastic88
Just finishing the season with one. It’s a secondary stove in the basement. Ive had a few issues with it. My plan was for a small stove, to run on “idle” and add a little heat to the basement. Even running on “1” the stove puts out more heat, thus using more pellets than I think it should. Ive never been able to get more than 15 hrs on a bin full of pellets. Talked to Ardisam, replaced control boards...with no success. That being said, It’s easy to operate, small, noise levels are comparable to other stoves, small initial investment, and runs pretty well. Unlike my P43, you do have to clean the burn pot daily. My p43 has been running constantly for probably 30+ days.
IMHO....for basic heat at low investment, it gets the job done.

If your looking to add a cheaper stove to your line up the Serenity would be a great choice. They are very easy to clean, no hidden passages or trap doors to deal with. Ardisam is great to deal with and stands behind their stove 100 % and parts are easily available. The two downfalls to the stove are in room temp mode the stove don't shut down it just drops to low burn when set temp is met and secondly is in order to adjust the intake damper you need to remove the side panel which several of us have solved by just adding an adjustment rod that extends out of the side panel. As long as the buyer under stands they are not buying a $4000.00 Harman they will be more then happy with a Serenity.

I’m glad I joined this forum. Was gonna post a question about that side damper or airflow gate. (I like to search for related questions so I’m not wasting anyone’s time).
Wasn’t finding a mention to The airflow gate in my manual. This is my first pellet stove ever. And a serenity at that.
How did others install a extension rod through the side panel? Would be great not to remove that side panel every time. (Last couple days I’ve gotten the “high temp” shutdown code

We purchased a Serenity to keep our new garage heated. It has been running beautifully right out of the box. We use the weekly mode and it runs for one hour four times a day. My wife has designated a corner of the garage as her women cave. When in the cave she switches over to the manual mode. We are using good pellet, La Crete, since we use them in our dining room Ravelli. The stove seems to burn clean, hot and no problem with over temperatures so I haven’t messed with dampers or settings. For our purpose it is the perfect solution thus far. I do like the simplicity of design, especially after having to work on the Ravelli a couple of times. Price was very good from Ace Hardware.

I got one of those aluminum flat "rods" they sell at Ace's HW or HD, or Lowes. It fits perfectly in the slot between the side panel and the front side. I bent it 90degrees on the tip, drilled a hole on it and the little handle that closes the air vent and then just put a sheet metal screw through it.. or it was a mechanical screw with a nut to lock it in place.. that was all for me, nothing fancy.

My solution....all thread, a nutzert, a t handle, and a couple nuts.

Attachments

• A75712E6-C93A-4D0C-963D-F1520440C977.jpeg
    A75712E6-C93A-4D0C-963D-F1520440C977.jpeg
    15.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 54ACC239-08F2-4859-BB39-58FF50A7100E.jpeg
    54ACC239-08F2-4859-BB39-58FF50A7100E.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 11AFF989-DA71-4C1D-A894-26DC69078C26.jpeg
    11AFF989-DA71-4C1D-A894-26DC69078C26.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 149
Bang for the buck it's the best thing going.

However, it's Made in China. If that doesn't bother you, buy it. My thoughts are that 9 out of 10 work very well. 1 out of 10 may be a clunker.

I had problems at first. Tech came and fixed it. I changed pellet brands to softwood. Wasn't working great, tech warned me new pellets have that effect. I've gone through about 20 bags now problem free.

The key benefit is that stove is easy to clean. I can do 10-15 bags without vacuuming. Vacuuming takes 10-15 minutes.

Large glass for viewing makes stove a hit. Temp setting is useless. Scheduled timer is a godsend. I wish remote was larger so that I wouldn't lose it.

Been flawless for 3 years. I use one bag a day, keep it on manual as steady supplemental
heat, on setting one or two. If house gets too cold, main central heating makes up difference
in a few minutes. Clean burn pot every two day, but in between, I open the door for like 10
seconds and use a metal skewer to break up the clunkers in the burn pot, for better thru the
bottom air flow !! Empty bin once a week.

Reactions: Ssyko