CB 1200 exhaust blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kknewa

Nov 14, 2022
Deer Park, WA
New to the forum here, but seems like lots of knowledgeable folks who might be able to help me. I've got a quad cb1200 freestanding that's about 8 years old. This winter it seems to be having an issue with the exhaust blower going on and off. Will go from regular acting, fast, flickering flame to tall lazy flame. Back and forth. Sometimes stove will run great for longer periods of time, other times the exhaust fan will cycle on and off several times over a minute span. Feeder and convection fan all run normally during this time. I clean it regularly, both the stove and exhaust path so I don't think that's the issue. Just replaced the control box and number 2 snap disc
Didn't solve it. What else should I be troubleshooting? Just ordered a new thermocouple to give that a try. Thanks in advance.