CB 1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Butch4011

Feb 13, 2017
New Holland PA
Been have intermittent problems with my Classic Bay 1200 FS for a while now. I decided to replace the control box. According to all the paperwork and instructions it's the correct box. After installing and setting the new box, I plugged it in fans started up LED inside the box was flashing appropriately acording to the instructions. When I turned the t-stat on I heard a big pop. The stove fuse blew. I decided to put the old box in with a new fuse. Same thing happened, except this time it blew the control box. It was actually smoking and smelled like spent electronics. I'm lost. Any ideas?

Sounds like you may have something shorted to ground, or connected the boxes wrong (backwards connector, etc.) Your intermittent problems may have been caused by a short somewhere. I think a very, very, careful inspection of all wiring is called for. Look for bare spots, pinched wires, etc. especially around the burn pot and ignitor.