skives19 Posted By skives19, Nov 27, 2017 at 7:36 AM

1. skives19

skives19
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 23, 2016
    Loc:
    Michigan
    Can anyone explain the certification for home heating fuel for residential use in Michigan? Where you are only charged 4% sales tax on wood pellets. They said where I bought my wood pellets I have to claim it on my taxes. Thanks for the help.

2. MButkus

MButkus
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 4, 2008
    Loc:
    Jersey
    This is the law where if you buy something for less tax then the state tax.. they want YOU to pay the extra tax. I have been buying on-line since 2000 and never added anything I bought on line. Basically it's a guilt tax. Unless you buy thousands of dollars worth of stuff and don't pay the State / local taxes they will hunt you down and make you pay the tax.... so if you feel guilty, you need to figure out the tax not paid to heat your home and send it to the statehouse for them to waste. So how lucky do you feel ?

3. Peterfield

Peterfield
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 12, 2013
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    If anyone wants to pay my taxes in order to rid themselves of guilt, just PM me and I'll let you know where to mail your payment.

4. railfanron

railfanron
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 2, 2013
    Loc:
    Perry MI
    Some places charge the 4% and some 6%. The reason is they don't want to mess with the change in the cash register or point of sale computer. Yes you can get the extra 2% back on your taxes but make sure you save your receipts so you have the proof.
    Ron

5. Sodbuster

Sodbuster
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 22, 2012
    Loc:
    Michigan
    Heating farm shop with the pellets, tax exempt.