Pellets by the bag

  • Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

    We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

    We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BigJohnfromCT

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Dec 29, 2012
343
Danbury, CT
Hello folks. For years I would buy my pellets in mid August for the upcoming season. I would typically take delivery of three or four tons. Last.year I was unable to store any pallet size deliveries so I accepted the hit and bought them by the bag. I was completely comfortable with my decision and was prepared to follow the same course this year. Today I went to my local Agway and bought eight bags. I usually use Hamers Hot One but they did not have any. So I picked up Forest Fuel pellets. Good but not Hamers. They were $9.49 a bag. I almost choked. Now I'm thinking I'll just use my propane fired furnace bc propane has not skyrocketed like fuel oil so far. Fingers crossed. So, for those buying pellets by the bag could you please share what your paying. It might be helpful if you also included pellet brand and where you are located in the country. Thank you.