Chain saw cutting chaps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I wear the middle weight STIHL chaps, I don't remember what they cost but I'm certain their less than $100. Whatever the cost of what you decide on remember that one pair of chaps is cheaper than one stitch!

Good point! But perhaps only true if you live in the USA or well, I'm trying to think of a country (other than the US) where stitches are gonna cost more than $100 but I'm coming up empty. Maybe Brazil, Peru, Nigeria, Angola and South Africa.

Guy I know was helping his father cut wood. His dad had the gear on, he was in a tshirt and running shorts.
A log sprung back and the blade caught his shorts and ripped them right off of him before his dad could let off the gas.
Didn't leave a mark on him, but the nylon made a mess in the chain.