Chainsaw Bar protector

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured I would post this for others information.

My new Stihl MS390 25" bar just got a new "condom".

4" diameter old fire hose that completely covers the bar. Given to me by a neighbor/volunteer fireman up on Mt. Hood.

I am getting some HD velcro and then stitching the end so that all the chainsaw tools (wrench, sharpener, depth gage, & file) can be stored on the end of the fire hose. It's pretty nifty.

I will take some pictures and post soon. Total cost $6 for a six pack of beer for the sewing :eek:).

Attachments

• 10172009238.jpg
    10172009238.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 2,214
  • 10172009239.jpg
    10172009239.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,712
I added pictures to original posting .....

Nice job, I would think it would take years to wear it out compared to the plastic ones that last just a year or so.

Shipper

That's just dang cool. Very clever. Rick

Real nice mod...when I read this yesterday without the pic I thought so f-ing what. Now that I see it ...I'm becoming covetous.

Neat idea . . . now if only I knew someone in the fire service so I could get some old hose to do the same thing. ;) On a serious note . . . really . . . a very cool use . . . I like the tool storage idea.

One thing I forgot to mention is that because of the "rubber" inside of the fire hose it stays on very well and I think protects my blade to full extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.