Chainsaw info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gasavage

Nov 21, 2005
Lafayette, Indiana
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf?OpenDatabase

Above is the web addy for the Chainsaw Collectors Corner. The people on the forum are very knowledgeable, and serious about chainsaws (several loggers hang out there). There used to be a lot of saw subjects but, like this site, have recently gone through an upgrade, so things aren't quite back to normal yet. I spent a lot of time there evaluating what others have said, and my needs, before I purchased my saw.
I purchased a 2 hour old Echo CS-670.

just passing on some info

ga

Congrats on the new saw. What size bar or bars do you plan on running? I have never run an Echo but from what I hear they are a very good chainsaw.

I currently have a 24 inch bar on it. I use it mainly for felling and large bucking. I have 2 other saws, a 16 in Pioneer and a 14 in Mac, that I use for limbing and small trees. The newer and better saws have inertia chain brakes in which makes them a lot safer to operate. The Echo brand may not always be the fastest or most powerful, but it's dependability and durability, in a given price range, that I was looking for. To top things off I happen to have 3 Echo dealers near by. Parts, if needed, are easy to come by.

ga

Status
Not open for further replies.