chainsaw stalls

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogrease

Sep 13, 2009
so utah
my husky 359 runs great for a few minutes and then stalls and acts like its not getting fuel its worse on the mountain 9500 ft i found that if i remove the fuel cap then reinstall it it is ok for a few more minutes is there a tank vent that plugs up?

Attachments

• 7409 122.jpg
    7409 122.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 143
sounds like the fuel filter

There's a very tiny vent hole in the gas cap. Forced some compressed air threw it from the inside out ...that should help.

as above plus, are you only experiencing this at the higher elevation or is this your normal. Might have to adjust air fuel mix for elevation. Cap or fuel filter are first 2 to check, additional would be a possible collapsing fuel line ( that is a sneaky one to find) Alcohol in fuel is tough on the lines. The older clear plastic line get hard and brittle and crack the newer rubber lines get soft and gushy and will collapse under suction from the carb pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.