CHANCE OF FLURRIES?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Well just like every other time I don't have the Summit burning, Its snowing.
Same thing happened last year 2x. Chance of flurries my arse. I am counting down until 6:00PM when I can start burning again.
Welp, off to put the roof on the new 1 cord storage rack I started yesterday. Prolly won't post pics, its ghetto LOL, or where I am, its prolly considered redneck engineered.
Stay warm yall.

Attachments

• P1010065.JPG
    P1010065.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 287
I remember two years ago a flurry that lasted 8 hours and dumped 24" right at rush hour what a mess

hog things to do on my list today before I watch some football
put all garden hoses away
disconnect out side facets and blow them out

Recharge the boiler zones with Antifreeze downstairs zone needs it the most

fire the snow blower put away all outside tools for the winter

Keep the stoves going it might make 40 here today if the clouds do not come in it will be in the teens tonight as I watch football

start family room stove around 3pm and be toasty warm game time Ash clean out also .

We've only had one little dusting of snow this year. It melted the next day before lunch. It hasn't even really been that cold. The past few years we've gotten the brunt of winter from around christmas to mid Feb.

Elk, I need to stowe away the garden hoses too. I just took my a/c window units out of the window the other evening. The wind was blowing 40mph with huge gusts. It was time for them to go anyway I should take them out the first night I run the stove but usually the next day I have to turn them back on.

Same here. We've only had a couple light frosts, no killing frost yet. Plants and flowers are still blooming. It is getting progressively cooler. Highs only in the 40's this week, lows in the 30's.

I'm sad nobody got my joke. :-( My last name is Flury, chance of us coming hee hee? Damn't I'm funny and people like me.

Well, it's -4C and a few flakes here.

Also, there is a bit of snow coming down.... ;-)

Shane, I got it, just so you know lol! Wish we had some snow, makes the deer earier to track. Flurries today, I'm sure there's more in the next 6 months in MN (Go Wild!). Fired up the blower last night, she's ready, not sure if I am.

I got the Neanderthal wood cave completed yesterday just in a nick of time. Not purdy, but effective.
The outside faucets are off, the one hose is rotted and fell off, so thats done LOL.
All that is left to deal with outside is the remainder of wood splitting & stacking. Supposed to be back in 40's & 50's later in week, so I'll jump back on splitting then.
Had to go up on the roof last night & this morn to clear the snow off the satellite dish to get my internet back & running. Wet sticky snow.
Here is my "flurries" and its still coming down.
One is through the screen door, sorry its a bit fuzzy.
And one from yesterday, I ended up liking LOL ;)

Attachments

• P1010001_01.JPG
    P1010001_01.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 148
  • P1010002_01.JPG
    P1010002_01.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 150
  • PIC00002.JPG
    PIC00002.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 139
Status
Not open for further replies.