Changing of Combustion Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CamperDan

Feb 12, 2009
North Jersey
Has anyone ever changed a combustion Blower? I am told that the one on my Whitfiled Advantage is bad. Technical support diagnosed it as "lagging" I am also wondering if it can be rebuilt as the blower costs $250. Thanks for your help.

Are you handy, You can check the fan your self, You can use a ext cord. If the fan runs full blast, the fan is good, you could have a board problem, The board controls the voltage to the fan, so if the fan runs full blast, I think you need a board. The fan is easy to change, get a gasket when you re-install..

Thankyou for the help. I was told by the technician that if the ohm reading is over 20 the fan is no good. I was going to take the reading tonight and see. I will also take your advisc and hook it up to an extension cord. Thanks again. I inherited this stove and it has been both frustrating and a learning experience.

Try taking it out and see if there's alot of ash built up around it in back. That could interfere with the exaust. Make sure you have a new gasket to replace the old one when you put it (or a new one) back in.

Thanks. That could be it because it appeared like it had never been cleaned when I got it. When I took the fire boards of the ash was built up to the top. I did not take the blower off because the wires were tight and I did not have a gasket. I hope that that is all that it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.