charger, jumper, air compressor combo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I'm thinking of getting a charger, jumper, air compressor combo
Is their one you would recommend ?

One not made in china
Any particular reason you want a combo unit?
If the charger fails,do you by a charger or another unit?Or the compressor?

I was looking for a jump starter, and an air compressor to take on trips etc. I thought this would cover most problems.
In stead of the older 12volt lighter compressors

Last edited:
I've never used a combo unit that wasn't trash. You'd be better off pairing a compressor unit with a jumpbox. I prefer Clore jumpboxes to those little high amp, low capacity units. For the compressor, I put the P.I. Auto Store Premium Digital Tire Inflator–Electric 12v DC Portable {PIAS003} in all my cars. It's out of stock on amazon now, but this one will do up to 70 psi
Amazon product ASIN B07YCVW2DQ
This one will do 150 PSI. If you drive a truck with 80 psi tires I'd go with it. In fact, I think I'm going to pick one up right now to have an extra. I'm telling the wife its your fault. 🤣
Amazon product ASIN B07GJND1PX

Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy
I got a no name brand 3 in one unit combo for a gift from my grandmother about 20 years ago, along with the other guys in the family. We were all amazed that they still worked like new even 10 plus years after we got them. Was a handy tool, and helped us out of a lot of jams. Finally gave up the ghost a few years ago.

Go on Amazon, read reviews, and look at eBay.

I've got a Viair 88p pump in addition to my Dewalt 20v inflator. The DeWalt is great since it'll run on the 20v batteries or a 12v outlet but that really only makes sense if you already have the batteries, Ryobi and Milwaukee make similar. The 88p is faster but the DeWalt is easier.

Then I have a Genius GB40 for jumps.

I've never actually needed either on a road trip. I have used the Safety Seal tire plug kit though

All of those don't take up much room. The Genius is small enough to fit in the console, Safety Seal fits under the seat, the 88p could also.

I have a lot of equipment so anything i drive has heavy duty jumper cables
I made an air tank out of a 30# propane tank and that has enough air to fill a couple tires.
I have heard about the small booster packs that are awesome.
I have a rollback truck for picking up projects,no worries if they have don't have tires or if they turn

52 chev a.jpg 52 chev c.jpg

Reactions: mcdougy
I just carry a good set of jumper cables. I have found over the years the couple times I had a battery fail on the road if I had a set of cables someone would give me a jump. I do carry a 12 volt compressor and a plug kit.