charmaster embers being temperamental

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coryv4

Jan 26, 2016
mi
ive had this wood burner for 7+ years and started having trouble almost 3 years ago.

im having trouble keeping a consistent temp in my house.

on normal 20-30F days my house ranges from 68-75+F never constant. on windy days with the windchill in the negatives sometimes i struggle to keep it 65 others im cracking a window because its so hot.

i put a new damper and exhaust on this year along with a new door fan fire grate and brick. i cleaned every square inch of it.

i burn all types of wood use this as my ONLY source of heat.

it seems if theres no wood but very hot coal the house dont warm up but if its few coals with a little flame the house is cookin.

this is the stove im working with.
embers.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you have for a chimney? What do you have for a chimney damper? Do you have a manometer on it?
Where there any changes made in the house 3 years ago? Insulation, windows, add a kitchen or bathroom fan? Anything?

This is an outdoor unit right? Is the blower setup turn on and off based on the thermostat, or does the unit operate off the blower control on the furnace? Could be a limit/control going bad, or from the sound of it, just a higher heat load. There's a huge difference between 20-30's, and below zero. Unfortunately, a coalbed doesn't always translate to heat, especially without a heat exchanger. Lots of variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.