Chase cover

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gwf96001

Jun 14, 2008
Connecticut
Anybody know where I can get a chase cover at a reasonable price? I've been hunting the internet and they all seem to be over $250 for a 13" x 13" cover with an 8" round hole. This seems expensive considering the 25' liner only cost me $440.

Any opinions on whether chase covers are necessary? I feel like it would be a good way to keep out moisture (I will have a chimney cap as well) and more importantly keep out drafts. My theory is that since I'm not insulating my liner I should at least put a chase cover on to create a sort of air chamber insulation around the liner to help keep it warm. Thoughts?

Call your local sheet metal shops and describe what you need and ask for pricing. You should be able to get it in stainless steel for a decent price.

Hogwildz said:
Call your local sheet metal shops and describe what you need and ask for pricing. You should be able to get it in stainless steel for a decent price.

Yes, this is exactly what I did last summer and in stainless too.

Status
Not open for further replies.