Check this out! Is this one of you guys?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
Her name wouldn't be Gretel by any chance?

Man that thing is gigantic !!!

The top half is a plenum of sorts.

I fired one similar to that at a relative's place when I was in school. It heated both sides of a poorly insulated duplex with bad windows. Hauling ash was a big issue... This was in the early 80's

I'm thinkin' not many large rusty stove-ish contraptions are worth $4K plus. It's not like you can boast hogs in it ; )

:lol: Well, what they say is right. They definitely don't make stoves like they used to anymore! ;-)
That one is probably part of the reason! Imagine the wood consumption! He might as well invite England back to rule us and give them all our trees to build rebuild their giant wooden naval fleet back up! (No offense to the English!) :p That would be more likely than selling this monster for $4G's! You could probably make 1/2 your money back in scrap, though you'd spend half the money trying to get it there!

I just had to add the picture. Someday, the add will be gone and we need to have this one on site for a little comic relief! That picture is worth 1000 words. Well, $4100 in this guys mind!
Here's the add too:
central NJ craigslist
Big Wood Stove - $4100
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-03-10, 7:38PM EST
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great big wood stove custom made 4 feet long 4 feet tall and 2 feet wide with a double door. Built in air baffles and ablower sits on one side blows the air threw. Asking $4,100.00

Attachments

• 3k93m23lc5Q65U35R6b3ad58d9bc8ad7410cd.jpg
    3k93m23lc5Q65U35R6b3ad58d9bc8ad7410cd.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 548
Thats one hell of a blower on it!

Thats a lot of dough for an ugly home made stove.

When I see ads like this I can;t help but wonder where they came up with $4100 as a reasonable price? Did someone somewhere suggest that price or did they just pull it out of thin air?
That thing looks it would heat an airplane hanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.