Chimney chase size

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Make the cap isn't that restrictive and buy a soot eater, you got some height there my friend

If your height exceeds the range of a single sooteater, consider buying two full kits. When I was buying for my taller chimney, I found two full sooteater kits was the same or less cost than buying extensions for a single kit, and I got a free spare head and drill adaptor, to boot! I need to use almost all of two full kits to reach the top of my tallest chimney.

• Sooteater kits available in 18', 21', 24', 27', 30', 33', 36' and 39' ft. kits - 39' kit - $133.80

• Sooteater kits available in 18', 21', 24', 27', 30', 33', 36' and 39' ft. kits - 39' kit - $133.80
Okay... but the 18 foot kit I bought was only $43 on Amazon.com, so two full kits gave me 36 feet of reach, with a bonus head, drill adaptor, and plastic cover sheet to boot, for $86.

Closing the loop on this. I personally prefer the look of begreen’s vinyl sided chimney than pipe with the bracing. Mine will also be vinyl since it is on the back of the house. It took a drone for me to finally see the chase.

View attachment 227925
FWIW I am not promoting vinyl for a chimney chase siding. There are many options from wood, to stone panels, etc. Whatever the choice it should be durable and visually harmonious with the house siding.