Chimney question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Krob

Jan 12, 2020
Kidder, Mo
What is proper way to mount flue pipe for Ussc 6039? States in owners manual states that must be certain height above roof but diagram shows flue under an wave with a cap on it. I will be running through sidewalk then vertical. I have no roof overhang.

There are many ways to install a chimney
There are 2 pictures in your manual showing clearances
If you go straight up you have to clear roofline by X number of feet
Sorry I do not understand your description " running through sidewalk then vertical. "?

Sorry I do not understand your description " running through sidewalk then vertical. "?
I think he meant sidewall.

What is proper way to mount glue pipe for Ussc 6039? States in owners manual states that must be certain height above roof but diagram shows flue under an wave with a cap on it. I will be running through sidewalk then vertical. I have no roof overhang.
it will run horizontally thru side wall, (not side walk, spell check is soooo handy) then turn vertically up the exterior sidewall. And it I see I also missed that eave was changed to wave.

That works
You only have to go up about 3to 4 ft
You could even go less
# to 4 Ft will give you a good draft in case of a power outage