Chimneysweeponline dead?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

1967Goat

Jan 30, 2020
Conifer, CO
Is chimneysweeponline.com dead? I see a note in the Articles that Tom retired Dec 31, but is the company now OOB? Looks like all of hsi pages are archived here, but you can't actually order anything, is that correct? Is there a new, or another "preferred" vendor?

Yes, The Chimney Sweep in Bellingham, WA has closed shop completely. A deal was worked out to move the informative library to Hearth.com. There are some online sellers for brands that permit it, but there will only be one Tom Oyen.

Thank you for the clarification. I am picking up a new-to-me Quadra Fire Voyageur Grand tomorrow and need to get a new liner. Back in 2009 I installed a "Big Buck" Buck Stove and I am 99% sure I ordered my liner "kit" from Tom. That stove has a 8" liner and the Quad has a 6". Time to find a new vendor I guess. Hope he has a great retirement!

Yes, it's very possible. Tom had good liner prices. There are several online places for liners. A few are:

Reactions: 1967Goat
Is there a new, or another "preferred" vendor?
I've been wondering the same thing..who's another good PE dealer? I need a blower for my SIL's T5.
I might research making my own blower for cheaper, haven't looked into it yet, but it sounds like the OEM is quiet on low, and it'd be easier to go that route.

Reactions: Woody Stover