Christmas A Bit Early This Year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralphie Boy

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2012
Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
I kept hearing the voices....:rolleyes:
Yesterday, I just caved into the voices.....:eek:
And ordered an MS 660 with a 25" bar.... ;lol
Pictures when it arrives()

Wow! Nice saw. I wish I had use for anything larger than an 16" bar. I still run a 20" bar on my saw, only because the saw feels unbalanced with a lesser bar. Here in the Interior, our biggest trees are white spruce...and they are about 16"...MAX!
Can't wait for the photos...
PJ

I kept hearing the voices....:rolleyes:
Yesterday, I just caved into the voices.....:eek:
And ordered an MS 660 with a 25" bar.... ;lol
Pictures when it arrives()
Just for your info.....The MS 661 is out which is the replacement model for the MS 660
The feedback i have read is that it defiantly is worth the wait.The MS 660 is a good saw,just it is an old design,came out around 95 IIRC

Nothing more than a pencil sharpener :p

Reactions: Ralphie Boy
Congrats and show us some pics when you get it home

I have the much older 066, and with the 25" bar it ROCKS. It will run bigger, but the 25 will POWER through anything with a sharp chain. You almost cannot stall it.

I got mine in non running condition and installed new cylinder/piston/rings (big bore kit), in addition to a dual port muffler. Needless to say, when bucking, it is my GOTO saw for anything bigger than 16" across. You will also find that the longer bar makes it nice for limbing a fallen tree (no bending).

However it can be unwieldy in bad terrain or really tangled brush because of it's size. That is the reason I still have my smaller saw with a 16" bar.

Congrats on the purchase (or condolences when the wife finds out ;)) Let us know how you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.